• (n.) A bud.
• (n.) A precious stone of any kind, as the ruby, emerald, topaz,
sapphire, beryl, spinel, etc., especially when cut and polished for
ornament; a jewel.
• (n.) Anything of small size, or expressed within brief limits,
which is regarded as a gem on account of its beauty or value, as a
small picture, a verse of poetry, a witty or wise saying.
• (v. t.) To put forth in the form of buds.
• (v. t.) To adorn with gems or precious stones.
• (v. t.) To embellish or adorn, as with gems; as, a foliage gemmed