• (a.) Whole.
• (n.) A hollow place or cavity; an excavation; a pit; an opening in
or through a solid body, a fabric, etc.; a perforation; a rent; a
• (n.) An excavation in the ground, made by an animal to live in, or
a natural cavity inhabited by an animal; hence, a low, narrow, or dark
lodging or place; a mean habitation.
• (n.) To cut, dig, or bore a hole or holes in; as, to hole a post
for the insertion of rails or bars.
• (n.) To drive into a hole, as an animal, or a billiard ball.
• (v. i.) To go or get into a hole.