• (n.) A witch, sorceress, or enchantress; also, a wizard.
• (n.) An ugly old woman.
• (n.) A fury; a she-monster.
• (n.) An eel-like marine marsipobranch (Myxine glutinosa), allied to
the lamprey. It has a suctorial mouth, with labial appendages, and a
single pair of gill openings. It is the type of the order Hyperotpeta.
Called also hagfish, borer, slime eel, sucker, and sleepmarken.
• (n.) The hagdon or shearwater.
• (n.) An appearance of light and fire on a horse's mane or a man's
• (v. t.) To harass; to weary with vexation.
• (n.) A small wood, or part of a wood or copse, which is marked off
or inclosed for felling, or which has been felled.
• (n.) A quagmire; mossy ground where peat or turf has been cut.