• (n.) The condition of being high; elevated position.
• (n.) The distance to which anything rises above its foot, above
that on which in stands, above the earth, or above the level of the
sea; altitude; the measure upward from a surface, as the floor or the
ground, of animal, especially of a man; stature.
• (n.) Degree of latitude either north or south.
• (n.) That which is elevated; an eminence; a hill or mountain;
as, Alpine heights.
• (n.) Elevation in excellence of any kind, as in power, learning,
arts; also, an advanced degree of social rank; preeminence or
distinction in society; prominence.
• (n.) Progress toward eminence; grade; degree.
• (n.) Utmost degree in extent; extreme limit of energy or
condition; as, the height of a fever, of passion, of madness, of folly;
the height of a tempest.