• (n.) A kiln.
• (n.) A channel or arm of the sea; a river; a stream; as, the
channel between Staten Island and Bergen Neck is the Kill van Kull, or
the Kills; -- used also in composition; as, Schuylkill, Catskill, etc.
• (v. t.) To deprive of life, animal or vegetable, in any manner or
by any means; to render inanimate; to put to death; to slay.
• (v. t.) To destroy; to ruin; as, to kill one's chances; to kill
the sale of a book.
• (v. t.) To cause to cease; to quell; to calm; to still; as, in
seamen's language, a shower of rain kills the wind.
• (v. t.) To destroy the effect of; to counteract; to neutralize;
as, alkali kills acid.