• imp. of See.
• (v. t.) Something said; speech; discourse.
• (v. t.) A saying; a proverb; a maxim.
• (v. t.) Dictate; command; decree.
• (n.) An instrument for cutting or dividing substances, as wood,
iron, etc., consisting of a thin blade, or plate, of steel, with a
series of sharp teeth on the edge, which remove successive portions of
the material by cutting and tearing.
• (v. t.) To cut with a saw; to separate with a saw; as, to saw
timber or marble.
• (v. t.) To form by cutting with a saw; as, to saw boards or planks,
that is, to saw logs or timber into boards or planks; to saw shingles;
to saw out a panel.
• (v. t.) Also used figuratively; as, to saw the air.
• (v. i.) To use a saw; to practice sawing; as, a man saws well.
• (v. i.) To cut, as a saw; as, the saw or mill saws fast.
• (v. i.) To be cut with a saw; as, the timber saws smoothly.
• (imp.) of See