• (n.) A wicker fish basket.
• (v. t.) To divide or separate the parts of, by cutting or tearing;
to tear or cut open or off; to tear off or out by violence; as, to rip
a garment by cutting the stitches; to rip off the skin of a beast; to
rip up a floor; -- commonly used with up, open, off.
• (v. t.) To get by, or as by, cutting or tearing.
• (v. t.) To tear up for search or disclosure, or for alteration; to
search to the bottom; to discover; to disclose; -- usually with up.
• (v. t.) To saw (wood) lengthwise of the grain or fiber.
• (n.) A rent made by ripping, esp. by a seam giving way; a tear; a
place torn; laceration.
• (n.) A term applied to a mean, worthless thing or person, as to a
scamp, a debauchee, or a prostitute, or a worn-out horse.
• (n.) A body of water made rough by the meeting of opposing tides or