• (n.) The wife of a king.
• (n.) A woman who is the sovereign of a kingdom; a female monarch;
as, Elizabeth, queen of England; Mary, queen of Scots.
• (n.) A woman eminent in power or attractions; the highest of her
kind; as, a queen in society; -- also used figuratively of cities,
• (n.) The fertile, or fully developed, female of social bees,
ants, and termites.
• (n.) The most powerful, and except the king the most important,
piece in a set of chessmen.
• (n.) A playing card bearing the picture of a queen; as, the queen
• (n.) A male homosexual, esp. one who is effeminate or dresses in
• (v. i.) To act the part of a queen.
• (v. i.) To make a queen (or other piece, at the player's
discretion) of by moving it to the eighth row; as, to queen a pawn.