• (p. p.) Gone.
• (v. i.) To pass from one place to another; to be in motion; to be in
a state not motionless or at rest; to proceed; to advance; to make
progress; -- used, in various applications, of the movement of both
animate and inanimate beings, by whatever means, and also of the
movements of the mind; also figuratively applied.
• (v. i.) To move upon the feet, or step by step; to walk; also, to
walk step by step, or leisurely.
• (v. i.) To be passed on fron one to another; to pass; to circulate;
hence, with for, to have currency; to be taken, accepted, or regarded.
• (v. i.) To proceed or happen in a given manner; to fare; to move on
or be carried on; to have course; to come to an issue or result; to
succeed; to turn out.
• (v. i.) To proceed or tend toward a result, consequence, or product;
to tend; to conduce; to be an ingredient; to avail; to apply; to
contribute; -- often with the infinitive; as, this goes to show.
• (v. i.) To apply one's self; to set one's self; to undertake.
• (v. i.) To proceed by a mental operation; to pass in mind or by an
act of the memory or imagination; -- generally with over or through.
• (v. i.) To be with young; to be pregnant; to gestate.
• (v. i.) To move from the person speaking, or from the point whence
the action is contemplated; to pass away; to leave; to depart; -- in
opposition to stay and come.
• (v. i.) To pass away; to depart forever; to be lost or ruined; to
perish; to decline; to decease; to die.
• (v. i.) To reach; to extend; to lead; as, a line goes across the
street; his land goes to the river; this road goes to New York.
• (v. i.) To have recourse; to resort; as, to go to law.
• (v. t.) To take, as a share in an enterprise; to undertake or become
responsible for; to bear a part in.
• (v. t.) To bet or wager; as, I'll go you a shilling.
• (n.) Act; working; operation.
• (n.) A circumstance or occurrence; an incident.
• (n.) The fashion or mode; as, quite the go.
• (n.) Noisy merriment; as, a high go.
• (n.) A glass of spirits.
• (n.) Power of going or doing; energy; vitality; perseverance; push;
as, there is no go in him.
• (n.) That condition in the course of the game when a player can not
lay down a card which will not carry the aggregate count above