• (n.) A small vessel, used commonly to drink from; as, a tin cup, a
silver cup, a wine cup; especially, in modern times, the pottery or
porcelain vessel, commonly with a handle, used with a saucer in
drinking tea, coffee, and the like.
• (n.) The contents of such a vessel; a cupful.
• (n.) Repeated potations; social or excessive indulgence in
intoxicating drinks; revelry.
• (n.) That which is to be received or indured; that which is
allotted to one; a portion.
• (n.) Anything shaped like a cup; as, the cup of an acorn, or of a
• (n.) A cupping glass or other vessel or instrument used to produce
the vacuum in cupping.
• (v. t.) To supply with cups of wine.
• (v. t.) To apply a cupping apparatus to; to subject to the
operation of cupping. See Cupping.
• (v. t.) To make concave or in the form of a cup; as, to cup the end
of a screw.