• (n.) A feather.
• (n.) A wing.
• (n.) An instrument used for writing with ink, formerly made of a
reed, or of the quill of a goose or other bird, but now also of other
materials, as of steel, gold, etc. Also, originally, a stylus or other
instrument for scratching or graving.
• (n.) Fig.: A writer, or his style; as, he has a sharp pen.
• (n.) The internal shell of a squid.
• (n.) A female swan.
• (v. t.) To write; to compose and commit to paper; to indite; to
compose; as, to pen a sonnet.
• (n. & v.) To shut up, as in a pen or cage; to confine in a small
inclosure or narrow space; to coop up, or shut in; to inclose.
• (n.) A small inclosure; as, a pen for sheep or for pigs.